Inner Revolution – 6 month yoga immersion
8th February 2020 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm£455
Inner Revolution – 6 month Scaravelli and Natural Movement Inspired Yoga Immersion
One Saturday per month October 2019-March 2020
For a small group of yoga lovers who want to dive deep into the essence and inner experience of yoga.
You may already be teaching, drawn to that possibility, or simply someone who adores yoga and feels called to learn more.
Invitation and Overview
I’m gathering together a sensitive group of yoga lovers who instinctively appreciate that yoga is something which occurs inside yourself.
Challenging convention, rules and regulation this course will open you to a world of possibility, a world of self-knowledge and the unfurling of your own innate wisdom.
Together we will tap our curiosity, explore the workings of our bodies and minds, trialling different yoga practices and supporting each other’s growth.
~What can you expect~
Expect a shared yet highly individual experience leading you gently but purposefully to the true essence and breathing heart of yoga.
Theory, practice, group and individual work will combine to form a varied and stimulating programme.
At times this may be challenging, the mysteries seemingly too great or requiring a letting go of comfortable beliefs and habits. And at times delightful, moving, hilarious, empowering and freeing in ways you have yet to imagine.
~What makes this course special~
This is a Yoga course unlike any other. Your teacher, Julia, is a highly skilled and experienced yoga teacher, trainer and mentor. She is also an energy worker and intuitive with the gift of psychic perception.
Whilst there will be key ‘landing points’ and an overall structure, Julia will intuitively adjust and evolve the exact content in response to the group.
This is an exciting approach which ensures that the course content, discussion and discovery remain fresh and completely tailored to those attending.
The course is purposely not formally certified*, so that it remains a pure and joyful exploration of yoga, free from the pressure of course deadlines, criteria and assessments. This reflects the way yoga was originally shared and passed along in a small intimate gathering of devotees.
~Areas to be covered~
(Including but not limited to the following)
• (re)creating an integrated body that has freedom of movement, stability and ease
• strengthening and connecting from the inside out
• Vanda Scaravelli’s revolutionary contributions to the world of yoga
• from body mechanics to body organics including principles of natural alignment
• posture rather than postures as practice
• undoing vs doing, effortlessness vs force
• ‘doing’ yoga postures the Scaravelli way
• what constitutes human well-being and health
• the role and scope of yoga and natural movement to support optimum wellness
• subtle energy systems including chakras, prana and nadis
• direct experience of the body mind spirit connection and how our thoughts can literally shape our world
• gravity – effects, potential and harnessing gravitational power
• spiritual / emotional / ethical principles of yoga
• philosophical foundations of yoga
• history of Yoga
• the true meaning and essence of yoga
• individual soul, universal soul and soul consciousness
• embodying your soul in the 3D matrix
• energetics, vibrations and the power of positive emotion
• yoga as a felt way to awakening
• establishing / developing your home practice
With Julia’s extensive experience in practicing and guiding others over many years, the course will meet you exactly where you are.
Expect to feel lovingly held and supported whilst being encouraged to go ever deeper into your experience of yoga and expand its place in your life.
The course will run for 6 months, one Saturday a month on the following dates from October 2019 to March 2020:
3 November (Sunday due to studio availability)
Course fee: £125 deposit followed by 6 monthly payments of £55 during the course
In between our meetings there will be suggested areas for enquiry, practice and further research. How much you do is left to your discretion.
Mid course there will be the opportunity for a personal 1-2-1 review session with Julia included in the course fee.
~Who is it for~
For those (including teachers) who hunger to spend time exploring and delighting in the unseen but deeply felt realms of movement and stillness, this will be a rare and special treat, enhancing your teaching, your own practice and your life.
If you’re considering yoga teacher training, this is a fabulous and thorough precursor (it may even lead naturally into a teacher training course with Julia – watch this space!).
However there’s no expectation that you will teach or want to teach, so if you have the desire to learn, explore and evolve with and through yoga then this is for you.
The course takes place in the beautiful spacious Gwills Yoga Studio just outside Newquay. Mats, bolsters, blankets, cushions etc are all provided.
There is lovely accommodation available for those travelling into the county to attend.
Gwills is set in the tranquil Cornish countryside with a large garden, trees and river to enjoy during breaks. We will have a bring and share lunch, with other refreshments provided through the day.
*course certificates will be issued and may count towards CPD / IST depending on your awarding body